We are currently working with the Devon Guild of Craftsmen who are seeking to recruit two new Trustees.
The vision of Devon Guild of Craftsmen is to inspire creative excellence and increase the enjoyment of contemporary craft. Established in 1955 as a Membership organisation they are an educational charity with a permanent home, an enterprise arm and around 300 professional craftspeople as Members, 400 friends and 30 staff. From their base at Riverside Mill, Bovey Tracey they develop activities that:
- inspire the creativity of people across all age ranges and abilities,
- promote the notion of creative excellence and innovation that exists in the south west
- support the crafts sector by creating a sustainable selling and marketing framework
- nurture makers by creating sustainable opportunities for professional development
- enable the local and wider community to experience the diversity of contemporary craft
The role of a Trustee involves
- contributing actively to the Board role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation,
- ensuring the organisation complies with its governing documents and other legislation
- ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
- attending board meetings (six a year including the AGM)
- taking an active part of sub-committees as required
- attending Awaydays and Planning days
- acting as an ambassador for the organistion.
The Guild is current seeking prospective Trustees with specialised knowledge in one or more the following areas:
- Financial Management (the current Finance Trustee is due to step down in 2018), ideally professionally qualified
- A trustee who will also be a non-executive director of their trading company (Devon Guild Ltd), with experience of trading within the charity sector and online retail/digital marketing and developing entrepreneurial activities.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Jackie Dawkins at Shine Charity Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01884/841751)