NON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/TRUSTEE
TAH operate across Somerset and our mission is to end rough sleeping in the Southwest. Our aims are to:
- Prevent people becoming homeless
- House and support people who are homeless
- Provide skills to support people to move on to independent living
- Facilitate in the provision of ‘move on’ housing
- Be financially sustainable
We are recruiting four voluntary Board members who are passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable people and have the expertise to drive our organisation forward. We have approved a new business plan and are developing innovative solutions to help our clients achieve their aspirations. We are looking at options for developing more commercial initiatives to ensure our sustainability.
We are seeking people with a strong track record at board or management level together with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Services to vulnerable people (health, social care, supported living, education, training, advice)
- Partnership working
In addition to Board meetings you will also be required to attend two strategy days a year plus induction training.
Please contact Jackie Dawkins at Shine Charity Recruitment for an initial conversation about trusteeship and Taunton Association for the Homeless. Jackie@shinecharityrecruitment.co.uk 01884/ 841751
This will be followed by an initial meeting with the CEO, Justin Roxburgh, and a visit to the charity.
Then a meeting with the Nominations Committee which consists of Molly Holmes (Chair) and one other Trustee before being invited to attend a Board Meeting as an observer.