We are currently working with Somerset Sight in Taunton to assist their search for a Treasurer.
The Charity exists to support blind and partially sighted people in Somerset in the areas of health, education and training. This is achieved through their facilities and Resource Centre at Northfield House, their Mobile Resource Unit and their Volunteer Visiting Service.
Somerset sight has a dynamic and effective board of Trustees currently that meets every two months at their offices in Taunton. The board meeting takes place between 10 am and 1 pm.
The key responsibilities of the role are:-
- To maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs
- Ensuring the organisation’s financial viability
- Ensuring the proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- Meet monthly with the Director and Finance Officer to review accounts, extracting and summarising relevant information to present at the board meetings.
We are looking for:-
- Experience of working with financial information, possibly from a career in accountancy
- An ability to contribute to the strategic direction of a small charity
- A belief in what the organisation does and a desire to contribute to its future growth and success
- The time to commit to not only attending board meetings, but the additional duties and responsibilities that are required from a Treasurer.
- A desire to develop skills and knowledge in charity governance
- Initial meeting with Jackie Dawkins, Director, Shine Charity Recruitment.
- Information meeting with Chief Officer and Finance Manager
- Invitation to attend a board meeting as an observer before being co-opted.