Temwa work in remote, rural areas of Northern Malawi – where 40% of the population live on less than £1 a day, 16% are HIV-positive, and one in three people struggle to feed themselves each day. Their mission is to develop self-sufficient communities by supporting projects in education, health, agriculture and forestry, and microfinance. At the heart of everything they do is their commitment to community-led development: all Temwa’s projects are developed in partnership with the people they support. In this way, they can work together to break the poverty cycle and create lasting, sustainable change for the future.
The charity is looking for a Fundraising & Communications Manager to provide leadership and growth to the fundraising department in the charity. The successful candidate will need to be experienced, confident and honest, with a passion for international development. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to use their expertise to expand the income for a dynamic and growing international development charity, as well as to grow the profile of an innovative organisation working in Northern Malawi.
- Managing the fundraising strategy and donor relations: Develop, implement, monitor, evaluate, and be accountable for the charity’s income generation, through the development of the fundraising strategy.
- Providing leadership to and managing the fundraising team: Develop, coach, inspire and motivate the whole team to deliver their objectives and develop their own skills and expertise in their roles, providing ongoing guidance and support for the team.
- Managing expansion of corporate sponsorship: Develop and implement a strategy for increasing corporate fundraising and making sure the strategy is followed, to ensure increased income in this area.
- Growing income streams: Develop, manage and lead all fundraising areas in the UK office, ensuring that they reach their targets. Develop, manage and evaluate comprehensive budgets which provide performance information for the Senior Management team and Trustees.
Candidates will have:
- Experience of working in a senior fundraising role
- Certificate or diploma from IoF
- Experience of working within small and large NGOs or charities
- Ability to write compelling bids/business cases and reports
- An understanding of trust fundraising
- Experience of marketing and communications
Fundraising Communications Manager JD – 2017 (2)
Application by emailing your CV and supporting statement to Jackie Dawkins, Shine Charity Recruitment (Jackie@shinecharityrecruitment.co.uk)