Right now, 85 million people around the world have been made homeless by natural disaster and conflict. ShelterBox is a forward- thinking and fast-growing international disaster relief charity, specialising in the provision of emergency shelter to families affected in this way. By providing emergency shelter and tools for families robbed of their homes by disaster, they transform despair into hope.
Following the launch of their Individual Giving programme in 2015 and a highly successful year in 2016, the charity is now looking to build their small Individual Giving Team with the appointment of this role, based at their office in Truro.
They are looking for a talented and motivated individual with an understanding of the principles of fundraising, marketing or direct sales experience. The successful candidate must also understand what motivates people to give. You will possess a working knowledge of relevant marketing tactics to recruit, develop and retain customers. This role will also suit someone who has an eye for opportunities and enjoys contributing to strategy. You must also possess excellent planning and communication skills, as well as the ability to interpret numerical and statistical information to monitor performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The project management of a number of concurrent multichannel direct marketing campaigns, appeals and other donor communications
- The management the day-to-day relationships with external agencies
- Working with external agencies to develop creative briefs and concepts and evaluate copy and artwork
- Working with the Individual Giving Manager to design and test new creative approaches and to develop, implement and test a variety of donor journeys
- Implementation of a major disaster appeal plan for individual giving.
- Working with the data management team to develop effective reporting and data segmentation.
- Monitoring of results and analysis of campaigns
- Working with the communications team to identify and develop suitable content
- Working with Individual Giving Assistant to proof copy, artwork and data
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience we are seeking include:-
- Experience and understanding of direct marketing techniques within a multi-channel environment, ideally gained from working in the charitable sector
- Relevant working knowledge of donor or customer care principles
- Strong Project Management skills and experience of project management software
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to monitor and report against plans and budgets
If you would like to develop your career with this exceptional charity and have the experience and passion we are looking for then here is how you apply – Please email your CV and supporting statement to Jackie Dawkins at Shine Charity Recruitment – email@example.com (01884/841751).