The Great Western Air Ambulance is a charity dedicated to raising the funds necessary to keep an air ambulance flying over the counties of Bristol, North Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucester and Gloucestershire. Their founder and current CEO plans to retire this summer and we are working with the charity to recruit a new Chief Executive Officer. You will be joining a diverse team made up of fundraisers, support staff, highly skilled paramedics and senior consultant doctors as well as some fantastic volunteers, all working together to save lives that would otherwise be lost. This will be a highly challenging but deeply satisfying job working with a committed team.
Reporting to a Board of Trustees, you will provide the charity with inspiring leadership, passion, creativity and vision. You will be primarily responsible for the development of the Charity, ensuring that its reputation is consistent with the highest professional standards in everything it does.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:-
- Providing dynamic and articulate leadership
- Overseeing the implementation of the Strategic Vision
- The production of an annual review and business plan
- Ensuring the charity’s financial viability
- Representing the Charity both at regional and national level
- Ensuring effective dialogue and engagement with the Charity’s partners which include their helicopter service provider(Babcocks), the NHS and the Ambulance Service
- Keeping up to date with emerging government initiatives and policies through the development of key relationships with the DH and other NHS agencies.
We are looking for candidates who can offer experience in a senior management role. Whilst knowledge of the emergency services would be an advantage, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a good understanding of the statutory responsibilities of managing a high profile charity, together with the leadership skills, drive and stamina to support the team to deliver the highest possible standards. You will demonstrate the ability to think strategically, an understanding of how to work with a Trust Board and have the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels.
- A full information pack is available to download Information Pack CEO GWAA
- Closing date – 5th March 2017
- Application by CV and supporting statement to our retained Recruitment Partner – Jackie Dawkins, Shine Charity Recruitment (Jackie@shinecharityrecruitment.co.uk)
- First Interview in Bristol with Jackie Dawkins – 9/10 March 2017
- Interview and assessment day with Great Western Air Ambulance Charity 28th March 2017