Shine Charity Recruitment is currently working with Animals in Distress, a local animal rescue charity, who is seeking to appoint an experienced Fundraising and Communications Officer to develop a fundraising strategy which will enable the charity to broaden its scope of activities.
The Head Office is based at the rescue centre at Ipplepen and the charity is managed by a small team of six supported by 250-300 volunteers.
The Charity’s income is generated through payments when animals are re-homed, eleven charity shops, collection boxes, a small number of charity run events, legacies, ad hoc donations and a some corporate support.
We are looking for an experienced Fundraiser with a creative and energetic approach who will build on existing fundraising activities, bringing a more structured and focussed approach to income generation across the charity. This will be underpinned by a proactive and engaging communications strategy using both traditional and new media.
If you would like to work with this established and much loved charity and can offer the following, we would like to hear from you:-
- Proven demonstrated experience of increasing income from a broad range of fundraising activities
- Proven experience in implementing plans and contributing to fundraising strategy
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising across a range of methodologies
- Proven network and relationship building skills
- Diplomatic and tactful, with a proven ability to communicate well with a broad range of people and to engage and motivate supporters and volunteers.
- Experience of utilising a range of appropriate marketing channels to target supports and recruit new support
- Driving licence and access to transport
- Able to work flexible hours
- CV and letter of application to our appointed recruitment consultant, Jackie Dawkins, Director, Shine Charity Recruitment (email@example.com)
- Closing date: 26th April 2013
- First Interview with Jackie Dawkins
- Second Interview with Animals In Distress w/c 6th May 2013